Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Looking for rainbows...

Oh, we are in the library writing right now and I wish I could just send you a feeling of what’s going on. There is a huuuge party. That’s the thing with the Patagonia. They have dance parties- crazy huge fiestas all night and all day. But I am going to try and focus now- the only problem is the music is so strong that the computer is actually shaking. Ha-ha. 

But here’s the week: 

We were only in the sector for a couple days. But before we traveled to Coyhaique.  We had 2 cool little experiences. 

The first was with a member- we are focusing on really strengthening them. It's cool to help really build a branch, I love it. 

Contacting at the Festival of the Fried Fish
But we are helping them with Sunday stuff and also focusing on the Book of Mormon in their houses. We started 1 nefi 1 (1 Nephi 1) with a member to help her start reading the Book of Mormon. I have learned bunches about enduring to the end. Just getting through the hard and seeing the blessings. For example, usually it's with dogs in the street- but this time is was just straight up crazy in her house- but we kept going said our prayer and starting reading. It was a bit crazy and then it got silent- the spirit was so strong and we were able to finish the chapter and testify and more so, have her testify of the Book of Mormon. Then the noise immediately started up again. 
The work is slow and hard in Puerto Cisnes. Honestly we don´t have much ¨success¨ in the eyes of others. But I love it because I have learned how to really listen for the spirit and see miracles in the small things. 

The other cool experience was, we were knocking doors and happened across a member who is active- but not really. We chatted with him but because he lives alone so we couldn’t enter. So we asked about references- if he knew anyone who we could share with. He said no, like they usually do. 
But then we explained that when we ask for a reference it's for someone who is struggling, financially, with family or health to try and help them. Or someone who isn’t struggling but who could use a message about Jesus Christ. He thought for a minute and showed us his neighbor 2 houses down. So we ran over and contacted her. Had a little leccion (lession) and then this week went back and taught. It was awesome. She is a rock star. She met with the missionaries before but it was years and years ago. We have a lesson with her tonight and I am way excited to see what happens. 


Then we bused to Coyhaique. We had a rooooocking conference with presidente. He and the Hermana Obeso are so loving. I found a theme a lot of times about how it isn’t the situation- but how I look at it. That each sector is prepared and is ready; we just have to get to work. It was amazing. It also was a fun conference- the first 30 minutes of the 5-hour conference the lights and power went out so it was all in semi darkness- but that was part of the adventure. Then after the conference we had lunch and I ate piiiiizza. Oh I could just taste ´Merica. It was crazy. We also had a bunch of fun the conference with the ap's (assistants to the president). I love serving in this zone. 


Then it’s been crazy. We have had to do a lot of the work stuff of the mission and I have now been in the bank for about 4 hours, the FBI for 2 hours and the registro civil (civil registration) for 2 hours as well. But we had some solid contacts while waiting. So it was cool. 

Then we bused back to Puerto C in the craziest bumpiest little crazy 4 hours of my life. Seriously, it was craaaazy. But we got back in perfect timing, about 20 minutes to drop off the stuff and then prepare for a branch activity. It was rocking!  

We applied every part of the conference. We had it on obra misional (missionary work) but the two parts. One, with the work in the temples and with family history. And the other, with members as missionaries. It was so good. 

My favorite part was we have an inactive that is returning to activity that we have been working with a lot. Her son is on a mission and as a branch we all sat and wrote him notes or drew pictures (I got the idea from the poster the ward sent me. Love) and it was so good- because she saw how much the ward was supporting and truly loves her son. But also, because fhe (Family Home Evening) was about missionaries, she works she saw how she could be part of the same work but here. Wooohoo. We now have plans to have a noche de hogar (Family Home Evening) with her this Friday because she wants to be part of it. Woohooo. 


Also, ok news, on S. progression is slow but a happening. I am just so grateful to see the spirit changing her life. I love it more than anything. I am just scared because we have transfers the 25th of Feb. and we are all pretty sure it's me. I hate it when I think about it, like right, now honestly I just fight tears. I love Puerto Cisnes so much. The branch is also struggling. (I love it) they want to write president and ask if I could stay- ha-ha. But it’s ok because in ward council yesterday, my main bff (best friend), our branch presidente, brought it up but then just mentioned that we have 2 weeks to kick it in. I trust pres. but I never want to leave. 


And this is why. Yesterday in our New Testament class we were reading about when Jesus is with his discípulos (disciples) and they are fishing and he tells them to leave it and follow him. Right? Then we get all the little comments- (remember this is a little fishing town)... like "wow what faith. They left before even cleaning and eating the fish." Or, "wow they left it all, weren’t they scared that it would get stolen if they didn't pack up, you know you can´t trust anyone with your fish."  Oh my gosh, I love it. 

Well family I got to run. We have had little tender mercies with the weather these last two weeks. Sun! And I took off my fleece tights for the first time in my mission. But the rain boots are back and it was a little hard to take to the streets again- but because Heavenly Father loves us can you just look at that rainbow. 

This is what I love. It’s the perfect Puerto Cisnes photo- rain boots, dogs and crazy beautiful Patagonia. 

xoxo Hna ball



No comments:

Post a Comment