Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Coolest last day ever!

What a crazy week. Seriously.

First of all, everyone here has been reminding me for weeks and weeks that I am "dying" in the mission.... all about how I don´t look to good, you know the jokes? It´s really not funny to joke about- but it's to ironic. My last days in the mission... and we had a full on 3 day funeral. 

Our dear Hna V passed away. It’s been a crazy couple of days. It was really, really beautiful service. They had a 2-day viewing... from 8am to midnight at the church. We were able to have a lot of lessons there with the people about the plan of salvation and we could feel the spirit so strong. We were also able to sing a couple of musical numbers, which were pretty. 

We had a crazy experience with the catholic priest... stories to come.... :) and then the 3rd day we has the funeral. Ohhh my, the church was filled. There literally wasn´t room. It was interesting because it was the first funeral in the church so a lot of people entering had very wrong ideas about the church. With the members, we went all out, everyone explaining what we do, little tours and testifying. A lot of people expressed how wrong they were about their ideas of the Mormons. I think we are going to see a lot of success here thanks to the work of the members this week. 

Well, we went to the cemetery and it couldn’t be in a more beautiful place. They’re on the ocean side with the super green mountains. IT was raining. But one of those Patagonia rains you know? It was crazy - like a movie. But really, really spiritual. 

What else happened this week? Oh we were followed my three men and had to stop to hide in a little shop. They followed us. The guy went to call the police but then they left. So then we ran to our house and locked ourselves in. Said prayers and all was well... well the next night we were getting ready for bed and saw that our gate was opened and we heard noises outside of the house. We freaked a little and called a member... thinking maybe it was the guys. 

Well long story short, the member came with his flashlight and found all these footprints and we got pretty scared because our windows don´t lock. So we went and had a sleep over in the relief societies house. It was honestly really, really crazy. Now all is well and safe and we haven´t had any more problems. That night we were at Hna ´s house they robbed a lot of our wood but nothing else. 

Also the N update. Oh I love this little lady. So last Monday we went to the waterfall and it was rocking. Seriously so cool. Then last night we had a darling family home evening with them. And tonight we are going to head back for a little treat and goodbyes. Shoot it’s going to be rough. I love her so much. She and R really have become family. 

I don´t have an older sister... but N really is that sister. And R is so sweet. He treats me as if I was his daughter. I am so happy that I have been able to have so much time here in Puerto Cisnes just to see them grow so much. They have completely changed. I cannot wait for a couple months more when they enter the temple! I love them so much. 

Here in the Patagonia as a missionary I’m not just a missionary. Ha-ha there is always a new adventure. This week it was working the carneceria with E.  I rocked it. (I really did nothing but get grossed out and way to excited about the cow head) 

Then yesterday was a rough little day. Last day at church. Presidente is such a punk and made me give a farewell talk. I am going to miss this branch so much. I feel like my talk when really well.  I feel so honored to have been here in Puerto Cisnes.

Then today we went on the coolest adventure. Seriously. We hiked up to Bosque Encantado and then to a waterfall. Today saw more than 50 waterfalls on the little drive up... we have had so much rain! Its crazy. 

Also get this. So we got the call from president obeso last night and turns out that they will be talking the sister missionaries out of Puerto Cisnes. We have only been here for about a year and of that year 7 months were with me. But they are going to bring Elders in. Crazy. Ha-ha it’s really funny because every time we have bought something for the house I’ve bought everything pink, pink and pink. It was always the joke that in the future the elders will sure love it. Ha-ha hopefully elder O is cool with living in the Barbie house. Hahhaahha. 

Well family. This is it. I really can`t believe that today was my last day. We bus out tomorrow at 5:30am... and the next 4 days I’ll be traveling. 

I was reading in Alma this morning and think that Alma 29:9 is a gem. It says it all.  "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

Shoot. Now I’m just crying into the keyboard and can`t see anything. But this adventure has been such a joy. I am so happy. I love being a missionary so much because I have figured out that being a missionary is just learning how to be a disciple of Christ. I love my Heavenly Father so much and I know Him. I love having our families name on my name badge and right there with it the name Jesucristo-Being able to represent the two most important things in my life. You guys and this wonderful, joyful and happiest gospel. 

I really, really am going to miss it here, miss being Hermana ball... but I can`t wait to apply all these crazy experiences. And can`t wait to see your punk faces in the airport. 

Les amo. xoxox hna ball

No comments:

Post a Comment