Tuesday, May 5, 2015

It's winter in Patagonia, brrrr

We had an awesome zone conference this week. President Obseso shared with is this scripture, which he changed just a bit. Joshua 1. 7-9. 

7: Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which (Pres. Thomas S Monson) my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.

8: This book of (Preach My Gospel) shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Hermana Obseso

9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
 
LOVE. I love President Obeso so much. Such a happy and loving president. And how true is this scripture! I am so grateful to be part of the most important and perfectly organized group. Seriously, its crazy perfect being a missionary! 

Zone conference was awesome. I love ours because there are only 7 companionships in our whole zone so its a cute little thing and really personal. I love Hermana Obseso. She is a rock star. She was a missionary back in the day (that’s where she met Pres. Obeso. haha) and is solid! She’s just a cute mom. Teaching us what laundry detergent is the best to make sure our rain jackets don´t smell and how much water to drink along with teaching us that God lives, He loves us and He is disappointed in us, like a good father, when we have fear. How we have to go out and work without fear. Love, love, love. 

our "American" lunch
Ha-ha you also know you are the oldest in the mission in the zone, when president gives you marriage advice in front of everyone while still talking to them to keep working hard. Hahaha. Oh boy. But it was super solid conference and super fun. The AP's are two of my friends; one was my district leader and the other my zone leader- so it was fun to catch up with them. AAAAAnd we had another ¨sleep over" with all the girls in one little tiny cabin house. Love. 

And zone conference = mail! 
-3 from grandma ball
-2 from dad. Japan and Korea. (So cool.) 
-3 postcards from mom. (Love.) 
-A letter from elder max liechty in France
- And postcards from Megs, Dad and Cade. 
Oh boy do I feel the love when we travel. Thank you sooooo much. 

This week we had a couple cool lessons. My favorites were with:
-M. We finally got to teach her boyfriend whom she is living with. He does construction so we were able to talk about Christ as our foundation and how Heavenly Father has given us the way to have a happy and peace filled home- with Christ as the foundation and his gospel. So, so good. 

-Hermana O. She is so cute. She invited us to dinner! Ok, first, something interesting about my mission. So here is Chile they eat a huge lunch, and not dinner, but something called "once". (Tea and bread) so it was the first time I have had a real dinner in my sector in about 4 months! Last time was pres. and Hna V anniversary and before that I don´t remember!  So it was way cool. And afterwards we were able to teach her and her son J. We got really real with him and it rocked. 

We told him exactly what he would learn by listening to us and what he will come to know is true. We talked about baptism and the church and it was so good. All of our other lessons with him have ended without us being able to get another appointment with him for his ¨work". But yesterday we set the appointment! Woohooo. Mom, looks like after all those times of putting his name on the temple- now might be the time for him! 

- Also, we had a cool family home evening with Hermana N, my best friend. But really. Oh, do I love her. She and her husband are preparing for the temple and it’s the best. Really. 

 I'm going to keep it short and all. 

- We had a great fhe with familia ancamil. Thank you grandma simpkins for the cake mix. It was a big hit. Ha-ha, but oh boy was it soooo sweet. We couldn´t even finish it. It was way cool and crazy to have a taste of home and remember how different the food is. Whoa. But they LOOOOOVED it. 

-Then I sent a couple of photos of the sector. Oh boy do I live in the most beautiful place. Its good for the soul. Really. 

-Dyed Hermana R's hair the night before zone conference... without gloves.... and went the next day looking like I’d killed Barney. Ha-ha. 

-Then we have had literally 1 week of Autumn in Coyhaique between rain. It was pretty. The rain is back and its back colder than ever. We are definitely heading into winter.... my life is based on collecting wood, chopping wood and making fires. But it's super rico to sit next to the fire and study. So worth it...even if my hands are so cold I can´t turn the scripture pages!  

-Also its fun being a Hermana Lider. This week we took the girls to lunch. Ha-ha it was almost weird because it’s an American knock off shop- the only one I have seen here with American music and I felt like I was in a different universe. Crazy. 

Well family. I sure love you. Keep on keeping on. And get this... I´ll see you NEXT SUNDAY. Whaaaaaat?  Skpe for Mother's Day!

Xoxo not Hermana mullet Ball. I took scissors to my own hair and now it looks soooo much better. ha-ha xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment